Approximate Quilting Cost for Standard Sizes
- TWIN $110 (68x90=6120 sq in)
- DOUBLE $130 (80x90=7200 sq in)
- QUEEN $156 (90x96=8640 sq in)
- KING $187 (96x108=10368 sq in)
Please Note: Your quilt will be quilted in the condition it is received. Take the time to square, measure and press. Your quilt will be as free of pleats and puckers as the piecing will allow. Fullness and/or puckers within a quilt and its borders cannot be quilted out. I cannot guarantee that puckers and tucks won’t be sewn in. The flatter your quilt top the better the finished quilt will be.
The price of quilting is determined by several factors.
- The longarm quilting fee is based on the size of the quilt in square inches. For example if your quilt measures 75” X 85”, then your quilt is 6375 square inches.
- If you chose medium density pattern that is .018 per square inch then your fee will be $114.75 plus the cost of thread which is generally $5 -$10.
- Quilting Depending on the density of the pattern, the cost will be between .017 and .020 cents a square inch.
- Preparation Costs
- $5 seam backing
- $.04/per inch Sew On Binding
- $5 (in-stock)
- $10 (ordered)
- $10 Square Up Top/Back
- $35 Minimum Order
- $25 Rush Fee
Preparing your quilt for the Long Arm Machine
- The backing and batting must be at least 4 inches greater than the quilt top on all sides to allow for proper loading onto the frame.
- The quilt top should be trimmed down to final finished size.
- Check to be sure all seams are secure. It is helpful to stay stitch around your entire quilt to ensure seams do not pull apart.
- Use one safety pin to mark the top of the quilt.
- Be sure all extra threads are clipped. Remove all pins, buttons, and other embellishments.
- The quilt top must lay flat. Measure your quilt top across the top, bottom and at the center. These measurements should be the same. If not, there is a possibility that there will be puckers in your finished quilt.
- Backing fabric must be pressed and square with selvages removed from any seams.